Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Cabot Cove (Pulpit Harbour)

We’re now anchored with Radical Jack in Cabot’s Cove (off to the side of the entrance of Pulpit Harbour). We sailed the whole way – thank goodness we had the tide with us because at times we were only doing 2.5 knots. It was lovely and very relaxing. The lobster buoys are not as plentiful around here, so we’re not as anxious about them.

I took pictures at the entrance of Pulpit Harbour. There’s a HUGE house on the hill and then on Pulpit Rock, there is still an osprey nest that has been there for over 170 years. And there’s still an osprey using it. I hope you can see it in my picture.

It’s sunny, warm and flat calm in here. We’re anchored in about 15 ft. of water at the furthest end of the cove, so we shouldn’t be in anybody’s way. We are completely sheltered here in all winds.

It’s only 2:30 so I guess I have time for a nap before cocktail hour…hahahaha

No comments: