Friday, August 15, 2008

Ready to set sail

Well, the time has come. We've said most of our farewells and are ready to begin our great adventure of sailing to the Bahamas. A special thank you to all of our family and friends who have wished us well and gave us a great send-off. The Bon Voyage party was a hoot!

Tomorrow we head off to the Tusket Islands and hope to leave for Bar Harbor on Sunday morning. This first leg is the longest and worst (according to me). I have never liked overnight passages, but this time we'll have Radical Jack at our side so at least I'll see some lights in the middle of the Gulf. You all know how hard it is to wake up the Captain, so I think I'll make him sleep in the cockpit beside me throughout the night. At least then I can just kick start him awake...

The next time I write I will (hopefully) be in Bar Harbor, Maine and tell about the crossing. Til then, love you all and I'm missing you already...

Myrna

No comments: