Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bucks Harbour Here We Come

We’re finally off to parts unknown! Today we leave Northeast Harbour and head down Eggemoggin Reach to Bucks Harbour which is located at the other end of the Reach. We’ll be sailing under the bridge which always makes me nervous, but it’s 65 ft. high, so I know we’ll be fine. (plus, we did it back in 1991 and our mast hasn’t grown an inch since then – hahaha). The last time we stayed in Benjamin River on a guest mooring of s/v Mermaid.
It should bring back fond memories of our time here with Serge & Lise when they were quite young. Looking back, I guess I was quite adventuresome in my younger days too. We came to Maine with two small kids and no buddy boat and didn’t think twice about it.

1 comment:

Ldot said...

Is the Mermaid still there?? They had a real neat property...horses and blueberries galore...is that the place? Seems to me that was the place Dad went and asked these random people if we could swim on their private beach....weird...I do remember!

Oh and PS: BUY A PHONE!!!

Love ya,
Lise